Recipe for Keto Thin Mint Cookies
-1 3/4 cup almond flour
-1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/3 cup swerve sweetener
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 large egg (don't use egg? swap w gelatin)
-2 tbsp butter, melted
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-7 oz Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (or Simple Life df chips)
-1 tsp peppermint extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In large bowl combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder and salt. Once combined, add in the egg, butter and vanilla extract. Stir well until dough is formed.
3. Next you can either roll dough out, and use a cookie cutter to get perfect round cookies. Or (this is what I did), take pieces from the dough, roll into balls and then flatten yourself.
4. Once cookies are formed, place on cookie sheet and bake until they are firm to the touch. About 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool. They will continue to crisp as they cool down.
6. While the cookies are cooling, mix together the coating. Grab a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and coconut oil and microwave intervals until it is melted. I did about 30 sec intervals.
7. Once melted, add in the peppermint extract. Dip the cookies in the coating and set aside on wax paper to dry. Once all the cookies are coated, stick them in the refrigerator to fully set. Then enjoy!
*I was able to make 24 cookies, by rolling my own pieces of dough, instead of using a cookie cutter. I also store them in the fridge when not eating!*
Would love to see your cookies if you make them! Tag me on Instagram @life.with.kimberli