Recipe for Keto Muffins with Chocolate Glaze
-1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
-1 cup almond flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/4 cup sugar replacement
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup powdered sugar replacement
-1 tbs cocoa powder-unsweetened/sugar free
-1 tbs water (you can sub water for almond milk)
-1 tbs vanilla extract
1) preheat oven to 400 degrees. line muffin pan with muffin liners. spray them with cooking spray to help from muffin sticking to the liner.
2) melt mozzarella in microwave. I did 3, 30 second intervals. stir each time.
3) add in the eggs and vanilla.
4) add in the almond flour, baking powder and sugar replacement. make sure it is all mixed well.
5) divide batter into the muffin pans. I was able to make 10 muffins. just depends on the size you want them! (8 muffins if you want them a bit bigger)
6) bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
7) while making, mix together the icing ingredients in a bowl. blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. (using water does not make it as creamy as if you use almond milk. you may need to add a little more water while mixing)
8) remove muffins from oven, let sit for a few minutes then frost with the prepared icing. (I really like mine loaded with icing, so had to make another batch of icing to frost all 10)
I was able to make 10 muffins. keep them refrigerated.