Keto Caramel Cake
-2 1/2 cups almond flour
-1/4 cup coconut flour
-1 tbsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup butter, soft
-2/3 cup swerve sweetener
-4 large eggs, room temp
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-3/4 cup water (you can substitute for almond milk)
-sugar free caramel sauce (you can buy it already made or here is a recipe)
-1/4 cup butter
-3 tbsp swerve brown
-3 tbsp bocha sweet
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1/4 tsp xanthan gum
-1/4 tsp salt
1. preheat oven to 325 degrees. grease 2, 8inch round cake pans. line with parchment paper at the bottom and grease that as well.
2. in medium bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
3. in separate bowl, mix together the butter, sweetener with a mixer until fluffy. beat in eggs one at a time. add vanilla extract.
4. add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time. alternating between dry and the 3/4 cup of water (or almond milk).
5. once mixed well, divide batter into both cake pans. bake for 25 mins.
6. remove and let cool. once cool, frost the first round cake with the caramel sauce. add the second cake on top and frost that as well. cut and enjoy!
If you are making your own caramel glaze here is how to do so:
(you will need to make 2 batches in order to have enough to frost entire cake)
1. in medium sauce pan over med heat, combine butter, swerve and bocha sweet. bring to boil. cook for about 3 minutes.
2. remove from heat and add cream.
3. sprinkle with xanthan gum and mix together. add salt.
4.return mixture to heat and boil for 1 more minute. let cool. should be lukewarm before then adding the water.
recipe makes about 12 pieces of cake.
store in cake dish or in fridge.
I found an already made sugar free caramel sauce at the store, however it did have carbs in it. So if you are full on keto, you may want to use recipe above to make your own.